March 21, 2011 6:07 ET
July 12, 2011 6:47 ET
July 12, 2011 06:47 ET
MacPherson Medical Announces FDA 510(k) Clearance of Stat-MatŪ Minor
OR Tray Delivery Solution Now Shipping to First Customers
ACTON, MA--(Marketwire - Jul 12, 2011) - MacPherson Medical, the developers of Stat-Mat®, received U.S. Food and Drug Administration 510(k)clearance for its flagship product, Stat-Mat® Minor. Available and shipping today, Stat-Mat® Minor is designed to eliminate inefficient prep time in the operating room. Reducing instrument set-up from as much as 15 minutes to only 10 seconds, it affords the following advantages:
- Complete and Immediate set-up
- No more towel rolls or de-stringing ringed instruments
- Protects Instruments from damage and ensures fast and accurate instrument counts
- Each instrument has its own compartment which eliminates jumbled piles
- Accommodates multiple procedures
- Including emergency trauma procedures, OB/GYN & emergency C-sections, tracheostomy kits, cardiac procedures and may be opened when needed as a laparoscopic back-up... and for many other procedures
MacPherson Medical is teaming with specialty resellers in North America to address the hospital and ambulatory surgery center markets:
- Advance Medical Specialties Inc., Middletown, OH -- servicing Ohio, Indiana and Michigan
- Atlas-InVision Medical LLC, Crofton, MD -- Maryland, Washington D.C. and Virginia
- CoMedical, Inc., Seattle, WA -- Washington, Oregon, Montana and Alaska
- D-Tail Medical Sales, Turnersville, NJ -- southern New Jersey, eastern Pennsylvania and Delaware
- Parametrics Medical, LLC, Kalamazoo, MI -- southern Illinois, Missouri, Kansas, Colorado, Wyoming, Idaho, New Mexico, Utah, Arizona and Dallas, Texas
- Universal Specialties Group Inc., Brea, CA -- southern California and Las Vegas
- Wang-Fischer Enterprise LLC, Hillsborough, NJ -- north central New Jersey
"We are very proud to have been granted clearance under the FDA's new, more stringent rules for medical devices. We believe that Stat-Mat Minor will be a product that significantly improves the traditional surgical approach to instrument set-up," says MacPherson Medical CEO, Brad MacPherson. "We are also extremely pleased to have the opportunity to team with such capable and well respected partners as we roll out our product line."
About MacPherson Medical Inc.
MacPherson Medical (www.macphersonmedical.com) designs and develops solutions and trays that deliver surgical instruments and other related products to the operating room. The initial patented solution, Stat-MatŪ, was conceived by an OR nurse to deliver a complete and immediate set-up to the OR to accommodate multiple procedures. Headquartered in Acton, MA and manufactured in the US using RadelŪ polyphenylsulfone (PPSU), the company has reseller partners throughout the United States.